Nexgard Spectra, as you all know, is the advanced and upgraded version of Nexgard chewables. This highly advanced chewable treatment is regarded as one of the best products for dogs because of the number of parasites it is effective upon. Many dog parents out there are seeking more information on Nexgard Spectra, which is why we have decided to write a blog on the product. So without much delay, let us dive in!
What is Nexgard Spectra?
Nexgard Spectra is a powerful and potent chewable treatment for dogs and puppies over the age of 8 weeks. These beef-flavoured chews are excellent at killing and controlling fleas and flea infestations, ticks (including paralysis ticks, Brown dog ticks, and Bush ticks) and tick infestations, ear mites, mange such as sarcoptic mange, demodectic mange, and otodectic mange. It also reduces flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) and is very effective against intestinal worms such as hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms. Moreover, this monthly preventative also prevents deadly heartworm disease.
Benefits of Nexgard Spectra
Nexgard Spectra has a lot of benefits. Let us take a look at them.
- Powerful and potent chews
- Tasty and palatable flavoured chewables
- Kills and controls fleas and ticks
- Reduces Flea Allergy Dermatitis effectively
- Good against ear mites and mange
- Treats various types of intestinal worms
- Safe for dogs and puppies over 8 weeks old
- Effective against heartworm prevention
- Very easy to administer
What Makes Nexgard Spectra So Special?
Currently, many dog parents out there in Australia and the world are opting for Nexgard Spectra. Why is that? Well, the below-given point will reveal the answers you have been looking for.
- Broad Spectrum Solution – Nexgard Spectra alone manages to be effective on several parasites (fleas, ticks, heartworm, intestinal worms, mites, and mange) and hence, is known as a broad-spectrum treatment.
- Active Ingredients – Powerful active ingredients known as Afoxolaner and Milbemycin Oxime are present in Nexgard Spectra chewables. Afoxolaner, an insecticide and acaricide, works efficiently against fleas and ticks whereas Milbemycin oxime is used as an antiparasitic that works on worms and mites.
- Quick Action – Unlike most products, Nexgard Spectra manages to eliminate all existing fleas very quickly. It takes approximately 6 to 8 hours (from its administration) to get rid of the fleas.
- Flavoured Chews – Nexgard Spectra are flavoured chewables that are readily accepted by dogs. Since they are palatable, they are easy to administer to pets.
- Mode of Administration – The mode of administering Nexgard Spectra chewables is oral. The best part about oral treatment is that is very easy to feed. It can either be given in the dog’s mouth or crushed and mixed with the dog’s food/meal.
- Manufacturer – These palatable chews are manufactured by a trusted and renowned manufacturer called Merial/Boehringer Ingelheim. Purchasing from a trustworthy and well-renowned manufacturer assures and guarantees you excellent results.
- Pack Choice – Nexgard Spectra chewables come in two different pack sizes; three packs and six packs. As per your preference and requirement, you can opt for the appropriate pack.
Without a doubt, Nexgard Spectra is a SPECTA-cular product for dogs and is being used by millions of dog parents across the globe. Before you get your hands on a Nexgard Spectra pack, make sure you consult your local veterinarian first.Buy Nexgard Spectra for Dogs