Kittens are the cutest little ball of furry pets that you adore to snuggle around with. The younger the cat, the more responsibility you have on your shoulders of how to take care of them. The young age is the best viable age to train a kitten her basic manners and litter training.
According to a research paper, feline-parents are unsure of how, what and when to train their cats. They are most worried about the training rather than the cats getting sick. To reduce your number of plausible queries and making it simple here are a few facts and tips to guide you through a cat’s training.
- Adopt a cat that is above the age of 12 weeks. It is essential for the kittens to stay with their mothers for full 12 weeks. This is done to ensure that the cats are properly vaccinated before they are sent to their new homes. The vaccination process starts after they are at least 12 weeks old. Be patient, the kitty is not running anywhere but adopting a healthy and disease free cat is agreeable.
- If you already have pet cats at home, it will take quite some time to make your newly adopted kitten to familiarise with the cats. Don’t do it all of a sudden, it will scare away the kitten and may threaten the territory of already living cats. Teach them, make them familiar, make the surroundings familiar, don’t ever leave the new kitty alone with your pet cats. Soon enough they will be acquainted with each other and accept each other’s presence.
- Never ever, make a mistake of punishing your kitten. Training a puppy and a kitten is not the same, they both might be four-legged furry animals, but the way of approaching them is very different. Cats are more of treat-loving person and not some kitty kibbles; they also are a big fan of cuddles, so use all these likings to your benefit. To make them learn a certain behaviour or a command, cuddle them, play with them but never use negative approach as a part of kitten training.
- Litter box training is the crucial training process. It is both necessary and sanitary. First of all, chose the apt litter box and make sure it is of the right size. For safety, buy one extra litter box in case of any emergency. Place it a convenient location that the cat can access easily. Ensure that the cat is not disturbed when she litters. Maintain the litter box and clean it on a regular basis to avoid affecting the health of the cat. Teach the cat how to use the litter box. Be patient while training because it might take time for the kitten to understand it.
- Teach them to behave well. Socialisation might take time but is a healthy way of teaching your cat. Make them learn to respond when their name is called out. Gentle and patience should be your two mantras to follow. Always keep a stock of treats when a cat is being provided behavioural training. There are great quality treats beneficial for health like Feline Greenies Chicken Cat Treats, Feline Greenies Ocean Fish Cat Treats Fix a feeding schedule according to your convenience. Don’t spoil a cat and let him decide when he wants to eat. This is not acceptable behaviour.
Training a kitten at an early age is helpful but being stubborn creatures they’ll consume a lot of time and energy to get trained when adults. Love and affection with lot of cuddles is the best way to make your kitten feel relaxed and peaceful.Buy Cat Supplies Online